Use these outdoor kitchen ideas to take your backyard to the next level. Our best outdoor kitchen planning guide goes from classic built-in grills to fantasy islands jam-packed with must-have amenities, the sky is the limit for planning your outdoor kitchen.
Before you create an exquisite, full-service outdoor kitchen, think carefully about your current backyard cooking setup. Evaluate what you’d like to improve and what works well with your lifestyle and backyard space. It’s important to ask yourself “What you want in an Outdoor Kitchen”.
FREE Plans for Best Outdoor Kitchen Planning Guide
CAD Pro includes professional pre-designed outdoor kitchens free of charge. It’s as easy as one-two-three when working with CAD Pro’s free do it yourself outdoor kitchen plans.
Simply open any of the free pre-designed outdoor kitchen plans, then customize them to fit your specific needs. Quickly print your plans or email them to your favorite contractor. This is one of the easiest ways to start building your outdoor kitchen.
CAD Pro provides easy-to-use design tools and features anyone can use while designing their outdoor kitchen. There are no limits to the variety of styles and sizes you can design with CAD Pro.
Share your outdoor kitchen plans and designs with clients, contractors or friends and family using Dropbox®, Google Drive™, OneDrive®, and SharePoint®. Export files to Microsoft Word®, Excel®, and PowerPoint®.
Best Outdoor Kitchen Planning Guide Steps
Extend your living and entertaining space with an outdoor kitchen. Think about your needs and the site when planning the project.
- Pick the Location
- Evaluate Your Outdoor Cooking Space & Setup
- Layout Your Outdoor Kitchen Plans
Outdoor Kitchen Design
Layout, functional amenities and smart storage solutions will transform your outdoor kitchen into an efficient, attractive workspace.
- Optimize Kitchen Layout Space
- Design a Layout Plan for Electricity, Plumbing and Gas
- Design Your Outdoor Kitchen Island Plans
Materials and Outdoor Kitchen Appliances
Now that you have a clear vision for your outdoor kitchen, shop for materials that will make the outdoor kitchen a space safe and enjoyable to work in.
- Optimize Outdoor Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Choose Type of Material for Outdoor Kitchen Countertops
- Choose Type of Grill (ex. Gas, Charcoal, Electric etc.)
- Choose A Durable and Attractive Outdoor Kitchen Flooring Material
- Decide Which Outdoor Kitchen Appliance You Want
Managing the Project
- It’s Important to Set a Budget
- Research Contractors and Professionals Before Hiring
- Gather At Least Two Bids for Each Stage of the Building Process
- Leave Some Extra Money for Extras You May Discover While Building Your Outdoor Kitchen
Ultimate outdoor kitchen cooking environment with precise dimensions.
When creating outdoor kitchen blueprints that require precise dimensions, let CAD Pro take the work out of the process. CAD Pro’s “Smart Dimension” tools will automatically create all your outdoor kitchen blueprint dimensions with a few simple clicks.
Quick and easy point and click architectural drafting tools allow you to quickly create any type of floor plans, house plans or garden shed plans. These easy to use design tools are great for any kind of outdoor living space designs.